Sunshine

Sunday, April 10, 2016

BYU Retirement Party and Bowling


Dr. Shumway, my collegiate piano professor, and Dr. Anderson, another collegiate piano professor are retiring this year from BYU. We went to the retirement party at BYU and it was so fun to see old friends and honor these great teachers.  A few years ago, Dr. Shumway wrote an arrangement for Claire de lune by Debussy.  Two other students and I performed it on his Faculty Recital. The retirement party committee asked us to perform it again tonight, and I was thrilled since I have always wanted to perform this again as it has sat on my music shelf. It was fun to put it together again with these good friends again. The challenge wasn't getting it by memory, but coordinating which hands were on top and bottom throughout. My part was in the middle.





Tara, Maria, Dr. Shumway and Stephanie

Only a handful of many students these two professors influenced

Good piano friends--Danielle, Danielle, Gerta, Kalo

These Great teachers have influence my life in so many ways! 
Dr. Irene-Perry Fox, Dr. Holden, Dr. Shumway, and Dr. Anderson 



No comments:

Post a Comment