I took the boys to the zoo and Laura met up with us. Tanner especially loves this elephant at the zoo that blows air out of his nose, "sneezes", and plays "Pop, goes the weasel" He was more entertained by this than the elephants themselves. I find it funny the things kids pick up from what we say as parents. Such as "just a minute. . " When I tell Tanner told Tanner that it was "time to go," he said "5 more minutes. Sometimes he will say 6 more minutes or whatever number he comes up with. . today at the park he said "7 more minutes." So funny.

See the boys can't go with Dad to priesthood session yet, we enjoyed the beautiful evening playing outside and enjoyed some ice cream. Dave ran into an elder from his mission at the church after the session and enjoyed visiting with him. Sunday morning we made pancakes--which turned into me making pancakes in shapes of monkeys, chickens, dogs, etc. Pancakes will never be the same (and we have them almost everyday!). We always set up Dave's projector which makes it fun to watch Conference on our wall. I had the boys play conference bingo. If we heard that word they but a craisen on it. Once they had bingo they got a Rolo. It kept Tanner pretty entertained the entire session! Lincoln on the other hand, just wanted to eat them, and eat Tanner's. Never a dull moment with Lincoln.

Close to our home is the Lagoon Trail. It is only about 1/2 mile but goes behind the park. You can see some buffalo, elk, and the rattlesnake rapids. The trail extends up to the duck pond (about another 1/2 mile). We took a walk in-between sessions of conference today. The boys had fun throwing sticks in the little stream and playing in a little fort we saw along the way. Tanner is doing great on his bike and loves it. We will need to upgrade soon!
Photo of the week: Tanner is hit-and-miss lately with naps. He prefers to sleep on the couch when he does its "under the pillows." When I went to check on him I didn't see him under the pillows and couldn't figure out where he went. Then I turned around and saw this.
Recipe of the week: Ground Beef Enchiladas. They were a 10 with Dave. I will never buy store bought sauce again!
http://www.recipegirl.com/2011/05/02/easy-beef-enchiladas/
No comments:
Post a Comment