Sunshine

Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter at Aunt Lauras

I decided last minute to get some matching shirts for the boys. I ended up only needing one for Tanner because Lincoln and Russell already had one so close to the one I got Tanner.  Tanner was finally the photogenic one in the photo--usually Lincoln is the only one that looks (and he didn't).  Russell didn't link the sun in his face. I got Dave a new tie--but it didn't match. Dave put in a new door handle yesterday--now I just need to paint the trim and add some nice pots of flowers for a finishing touch.





We hid their baskets before church and Tanner had fun trying to find his (up in the tree). I felt they had been all candied out already so I put a book, sidewalk chalk, chocolate milk, and some plastic eggs with a few reeses pieces. The first think Lincoln pulled out was the chalk and Tanner just wanted  the candy in the eggs. I can remember as a kid having a huge chocolate bunny--I had no desire to buy that much chocolate for my kids--I am surprised mom and dad got us that much chocolate/candy. 



Laura made a brown sugar ham and potatoes and there was also salad, rolls, veggies cookies, and the famous "Densely strawberry salad' which is becoming popular with the Talbots. After dinner it was fun to see James and Zach playing with my boys on the swing at Laura's house. Lincoln would giggle every time he got to "push" them over with his feet. 





It took Tanner a couple eggs to really figure out what he was suppose to do. .  


and then he really got into it and loved counting "one, two, three. . "

Russell did have shoes and socks at some point today. 




Getting ready for the egg hunt



I think my kids got more candy on Easter than they did for Halloween. The next day it all dissapeared and I am surprised they didn't even ask about it. It's fun to see my kids grasp holidays--hopefully as they get older they will enjoy and understand the true meaning of Easter.  This year I especially loved watching "Handel's Messiah" by the Tabernacle Choir and following along in my scores. I don't get to many concerts and so I soak up those I can watch on-line after the boys go to bed. I am grateful for these cute boys and the blessings they are in my life. 






1 comment: