Sunshine

Sunday, March 6, 2016

BYU Family Jazz Concert in Provo

BYU sponsors a family concert series four times a year where you can bring all your kids and enjoy a concert for free. This is the first one I have been able to make it too and we loved it! Amy's family came too which made it more fun for my kids.  There is a concert about the orchestra, opera, jazz, and percussion.  This concert was jazz, and the BYU Dixieland Jazz band were the performers. They performed selections from Star Wars, The Jungle Book--The Bare Necessities and well known ones like I've been working on the railroad, and ways to sing the blues. Steve Call, the tuba professor, taught about what jazz was and had the instrumentalist improvise on their instruments. Being back in the HFAC was home sweet home for me and I loved it. Lincoln sure had fun clapping after each piece and watching them perform. I was impressed both boys sat through all of it. I had to get a book bound a the print shop, so the boy's enjoyed some ice cream at the cougar eat before we went over to Amy's house for Lunch.





Hopefully this won't be our last of BYU ice cream post-concert stops


Tanner wanted me to take a picture of him on "the mountain." 


Lincoln and Miles hanging out listening to Amy's kids practice the cello, violin, viola, and piano. She sure keeps busy with helping them practice everyday. It was sure fun hearing the trio play! 

Before the concert we stopped at one of our favorite parks--Nielson's Grove. It is south of Wallmart. The boys loved chasing the ducks and playing on the playground. Dave joined in on the fun this time.












No comments:

Post a Comment