Sunshine

Monday, June 20, 2016

Alphabet Summer L-P (June 13-17)

Monday-Letter L
We went to the new and improved "Lowes Extreme Airports' in Provo. Amy and Laura and their kids were all meeting there so we made the trip too. It is completely different than what it used to be. Right when we got there Tanner said "Hey, it's Boondocks!" It was a lot like Boondocks, but different. Tanner kept wanting to go into the other bigger kid area but he couldn't because of his age. 
They both still had a lot of fun. 





Tuesday- Letter M



Tanner started a 5-week class at "Mountain West Gymnastics." It was just a class offered through Centerville Recreation. I thought it would be a good social activity for Tanner.
 I don't expect too much out of it, but hopefully something fun for him to do. 


We used Marshmello's and toothpicks to make letters. The boys loved this!



We also did Marshmallow pudding painting. This was also pretty fun except Lincoln didn't want to eat the pudding. I have trained him well (to not eat paints). 


We played with "magnets" which was also a hit. 

Wednesday--Letter N


We went to "Nicholls Castle Park." We usually just call this Castle park, but it fit perfectly for "N" day as the official name! They boys always love coming here anyway. 



Lincoln always seems to find new holes, rocks, and water. 



We had a little picnic while we were there. The boys like to eat a little, play a little, and they come back and eat, play, eat play, etc. 



I found out they had a "Nature" trail beneath the park that we had fun exploring. I had never new it excited before and was excited to explore it. There wasn't much water right in the creek right now, but we found a couple puddles that were big enough to throw rocks. Lincoln can be entertained all day with rocks. 




It was a beautiful, shady, little trail! We will for sure go back!


For dinner I made as many different kinds of noodles I could find in my cupboard. I was happy that Tanner was willing to try all of them and ate them! 

Thursday--Letter O

We made some letter "o" necklaces out of fruit loops before our day adventure to Ogden.  
The boys ate the necklaces on the way up instead of bugging each other and Russell which was a win win for me! 

Tanner wanted to stop at the Ogden Temple first. They still enjoy touching the water and the temple



We then went over to the Union Station to see the train. 
There isn't train rides here, but it was fun to see the big antique trains. 



Once again, the boys had fun putting rocks into the drains. There were already a lot of other rocks there so it seems like there were plenty of other little boys that enjoy it too. 


I forget how big trains are until you are right next to them! 


Russell love going for a ride


This was the only engine the kids could climb on. 
But, the boys had more fun finding places to put rocks. 



Dave has been working some days at the Ogden Office. We picked him up for a picnic lunch a park I wanted to take the boys too. It is called High Adventure Park and it was a really neat park. Most of the park seemed to be a better first for kids a little older, but there was still an area that the boys enjoyed playing on. . until Lincoln saw the Ogden Creek below the park. . . and the rocks



Getting to this creek spot was a little tricky since you had to walk around the park "to get to the other side." We could have probably wadded across it because it wasn't too fast or deep, but we weren't in the right clothes. Anyways, Tanner didn't want to go so Dave took Lincoln. There were a lot of people that enjoyed throwing rocks too!



Friday-Letter P


I bought a little box of "pops" for the boys to eat for breakfast. That used to be one of my favorite cereals when I was a kid. I didn't get a picture of that though!


We went fishing for "ping pong" balls and "pennies" in our kiddie pool. 
Lincoln always lining things up one by one. 





No comments:

Post a Comment