Tanner is pretty easy to please when it comes to birthdays. . . so far. He doesn't have any one toy or activity that is his favorite. It made it a little hard trying to figure out what to get him, but I just got a few simple things. He has loved his balance bike and he has learned to ride it so well, but it is getting a little small. We found this bike off KSL with training wheels. I didn't think he would be too excited about it, which he wasn't, but at least it is something we can grow into over the summer. I already know Lincoln is ready to get his hands on the balance bike he currently uses.
Tanners favorite cereal is "Lucky Charms." He was pretty excited about this gift!
I always get the boys a book for their birthday, Easter, Christmas, etc. He loves the Maisy books right now so I felt "Maisy goes to Preschool" was a perfect fit. He loved it and immediately wanted me to read it to him.
I have been trying to get more games that we can play together as a family that are more child friendly. I thought Tanner would like this game called "Frida's Fruit Basket" that is similar to bingo.
Tanner on his bike. . it is a little big. I jumped up to the 16in wheel rather than the 14in. It will take some time to get used to.
Last year at the Fawson reunion in Moab, Elaine's grandkid had these plastic sound makers. I had had forgotten all about them until I saw them at the grocery store the night before his birthday. They were only $1.50 so I was excited to get one to see what Tanner thought. You have to swirl it in the air to make it work, which was too hard for tanner to do right now, but the boys found another war to play with it. Lincoln usually finds a fun way to play with something and Tanner follows right along. They are best of friends and I love to see how much Lincoln looks up to Tanner.
Tanner's Birthday crown that he got in Sunbeams. I was surprised he would even wear it since he never likes hats. I assume it was because it was a "birthday" crown so he was all for it.
We had Laura and all her family, Dave's parents, and Dave's sister Denise over on Sunday night for cake and ice cream. It was a beautiful night and everyone seemed to have a lot of fun.
We are sure enjoying our bigger lawn!
Tanner, Lincoln, and their cousin Joanna (Dave's sisters little girl). She will be 2 in August--so she is right in the middle of Tanner and Lincoln. They had a lot of fun together.
Lincoln was the cake-stealer. He ran off with Tanner's cake (Tanner in tears) and chucked some of it in the grass and the rest underneath the patio stairs. Lincoln always likes to get a reaction from Tanner, and knows how to push his buttons, and laughs the entire time.
Tanner got a fun bingo alphabet game from laugh, a cute caterpillar flash light and yoyo and dart arrow toy from Denise, and a game from Grandma and Grandpa Stuart.






No comments:
Post a Comment