Laura and I drove down for Glenda's 80th birthday party in Oak City. Tanner is born on the same day as Glenda, May 22. The drive to Oak City is always a memorable drive. I am glad I have grown out of my upset stomaches. The pinkish benches are still in the Oak City Hall and I don't think the basketball stands have changed since Dad lived in Oak City as a boy.
Glenda's children sure put on a fun party. Her kids decorated the gym so nice. There was a table full of picture of Glenda and her life. They had a photo-shot place in the back of the gym where you could take pictures with Glenda, but we had to leave before that happened.
Bevan shared memories of Wilford and Gina shared memories of Jay
Aunt Glenda and Aunt Viola
There was a big turnout of Talbots in additional to all of Glenda's Family. Little Daryl came, Phil and Cindy, Brenda and Brent Slack, One of Basil's kids that I can't remember the name,
and Aunt Viola and a few of her kids.
Janeth helped with all the door prizes.They had a big table of door prizes of items that reminded them of glenda (gave out chocolate chip cookies, a doily, some figurings, a framed picture of the proclamation to the family, gardening supplies, etc.
I was lucky to win the cake! I thought it was appropriate since Tanner had her same birthday too. Janeth's daughter, Kristen, made it.It actually was a blessing because I used it as Tanner's birthday cake, but tweaked it a little so it could be a Curious George Cake.
On the way home we stopped by dad's home. Oak City is such a special place full of so many good Oak City breakfasts, Talbot Reunions, and Camping trips.

So sad I missed all these birthday parties! thanks for the pictures.
ReplyDelete