Sunshine

Monday, May 23, 2016

Tanner's 3 year old Preschool Graduation!

Tanner has been attending the Davis Preschool at J.A. Taylor since October of 2015. He has been working on some speech and communication concerns and has been doing much better. He loved preschool. He always loved getting ready in the mornings, doing his very small homework assignment, turning in his homework assignment (so he could get a skittle), putting his backpack and coat in his locker, and checking his cubby when I came to pick him up to see what he got to bring home. He always enjoyed showing me what he did and never wanted me to throw anything away. Sometimes he would find something I didn't think was that important in the garbage and he quickly would pull it out and seem upset I threw it away! His class was small, but he seemed to really like the other kids in his class. His preschool graduation on his last day and after the little program he was pretty upset that he had to leave and couldn't go to preschool class. He kept saying, "I want to go to preschool!" He didn't understand yet that it was done for the year. His teachers were great and I got them all a Menchie's ice cream gift card to say thanks for all they did. 



Tanner and his friend Eli refused to wear the "Pete the Cat" hats. I was not surprised. 

Tanner and his favorite friend Eli. 


Incy Winsy Spider 

I was honestly surprised that Tanner participated in singing the songs with actions. I rarely see him do this at home although he does do the actions and sing "Popcorn Popping" really well! 


5 little monkeys Sitting in a Tree


The teachers said they had at least one kid from each class that "narrated" the slideshow of pictures. Tanner was the one who "narrated" the picture slideshow in his class. It was cute to watch. 



Getting his certificate

Head teachers Ms. Leslie and Ms. Marshelle


Two head teachers, two assistants, and his speech teacher Ms. Donna. 
Lots of teacher support in this class which was awesome


Dave took the morning off so he could come too


Aunt Laura came to his graduation too! Laura always took Tanner to preschool in the morning ever since I had Russell which was a huge help to me. Tanner's school is right by Laura's house and Laura kids school isn't too far from my house so it wasn't too out of her way after she dropped her kids off. Tanner always looked forward to having Laura take him to preschool. Thank you Aunt Laura! 



No comments:

Post a Comment