Sunshine

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Zions Part 1

I was so excited to go to Zions with Amy and Laura and their families. It has been years since I have gone to Zions, and I hardly even remember being their when I was a little girl. The last time I went was in 2009 and I hiked Angel's Landing with a group form my ward. That was all we did and I will never do that hike again! 

My cousin Daryl Talbot was so kind to let us stay at his home. He lives in La Verkin and all his kids no longer live at home. (I was sad I never got a picture with him! ) We left early Wednesday evening, but with two car accidents we didn't their until 11 p.m. He was nice to wait up and had beds all ready for us. Amy and laura werent coming until later that night, so we woke up early the next morning and drove into Zion's to do the Canyon Overlook Trail. It was a little more sketchy than I anticipated, but we held on to our boys and it was a beautiful hike with an amazing view at the end. We were lucky to also get the last parking spot since it has been so busy up in the canyon. The weather was pretty chilly in the morning, but warmed up by mid-afternoon. 

It was about a 2 mile fairly easy round trip trail. I would recommended it to everyone. If you have kids, you just need to keep them close. 


The whole time we were hiking Tanner would say "good morning" to everyone that past us. They would always smile back a little surprised and say "good morning" too. Tanner made an impression!


The hike had a few bridges to cross. I just tried to not look down and held onto my boys. I hiked with Russell on my front backpack the entire time. 


The was a neat part of the trail. It was wide enough to be safe, but you also didn't want to get close to the edge. 


The boys loved this little sand spot. The sand was pretty dry, but it was fun to walk through and the safest part of the trail. 




The big cliff in the background is the Mount Carmel Tunnel. It is a mile long and is the only way to get to this side of Zions. The boys loved driving through it. 


The view at the end of the hike! It was amazing. We sat at the top for a least 30minutes and let the boys sit for a little bit. There was plenty of safe areas to sit and we enjoyed visiting with some of the tourists. Many of them were who Tanner said "good morning" too so they were curious about our friendly four year old. 



The boys also enjoyed this little chipmunk who would keep running around the rocks. 


Can you spot the chipmunk? 


I love this picture of Tanner. One one of the best I have ever gotten of him!



There was a tourist that was heaping Tanner identify the names of the cliffs. Tanner kept asking where the St. George Temple was to the tourists. They seem a little confused, but pointed out were St. George was. It was pretty cute. 


This is the way back through the Tunnel. The boys loved it! There was always a little wait since it was only a one way tunnel. 




No comments:

Post a Comment