Sunshine

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Zions Part 3

On Friday we went into Zions with Amy and Laura. The boys had fun riding the shuttle. They called it the "bus" and even requested that I sing "The wheels on the bus" as we rode it to the top of the canyon. 



We started with the Riverside walk which is the highest shuttle stop and leads into the Narrows. We veerd off for a little bit to throw rocks in the Virgin River. 






The canyon walls were beautiful. It was almost impossible to even get the peak of them in the picture. 


Lincoln was a great little hiker, but also loved riding on dad's shoulders.


We saw a few dear in the early hours of the morning


And another chipmunk


This is where the Zion Narrows begin. I would love to hike through them someday!


This was a fun rock the boys liked to slide down


All the cousins who came on the trip! 
(Grace, Mackenzie, Madicson, Zoey, Lincoln, Ezra, Zach, James, Robert, Tanner, and Hunter)






Riding to our next hike--Weeping Rock



It was so hard to get a picture in the morning light, but it was so beautiful, and wet! I wasn't anticipating much drip since it was late Fall, but it was still very wet and drippy. 



Having fun with my sisters!




Our last hike of the day was Emerald Pools. It was a fairly easy hike, but Lincoln was starting to get tired. At this point we lost Amy and Laura so we just took our time. 




The Lower Emerald Pool. It was very busy by this time of day. We were lucky to find a little rock to sit on and eat our lunch. 




We decided to keep going via the Kenyata trail rather than backtrack down the way we came. I am so glad we did. It was my favorite part of the day. This was a fun little rock we got to walk through. 



Next time we come I want to start at the Kenyta trail because the views were beautiful and I kept having to turn around! Lincoln was SO tired!


The boys loved seeing and pointing out every cactus along the way. 




I wish the view behind us was more visible. It was breathtaking! I think pictures would be better earlier in the day too. 



This was our our way back to the shuttle. Because we took the Kenyta trail we ended up hiking up a shuttle stop. Amazingly we went got to the stop below Amy and Laura and their families got on. They ended up going to the upper pools. 


We played at Daryl's home that evening and the boys loved the lifetime airplane teeter totter set they had set up. 



Russell picking on Miles





No comments:

Post a Comment