Sunshine

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Zions part 2

After doing the Zion Overlook trail, we went to the St. George Children's Museum. Ever since we went last year for Thanksgiving break Tanner has asked to go back. Tanner has such a good memory and always remember the things he enjoys the most! 

They had this fun little wheel thing. Not really that safe, but they had fun going down a few times. 



Tanner loves this ball thing (not sure what to call it). 


This was the music area of the Museum



This was a fun little area for babies




I was happy to see Tanner enjoying shooting a few hoops!



This was one of Lincolns favorite areas (and last year too). It's fun to see how much he has grown over the past year. 


Milking the cow. 


This is always the biggest hit and where we spend the most time. Tanner asked and asked for a cash register last year after we left. Tanner and Lincoln played in this area for at least 45 minutes. The buttons on the cash register work, and drawer even had money inside. Lincoln would go shopping with the cart and put the food on the table. Tanner would push the buttons to ring up the food-- eventually the drawer would open, and Tanner would give Lincoln money, who would then give the money back. Tanner would then bag the groceries and give them to Lincoln. They did this over and over again. I was constantly putting the groceries back on the shelf to keep up. 







I was glad I brought their swimsuits in the car. We had planned to go to the Washington Aquatic center, but the splash pad was just outside the door of the Museum. The boys were immediately happy to jump right in. It was a fun splash pad and they played for at least a hour. 



There was also this fun rock area with waterfalls and a 'mini stream" they could wade through. 




Russell had fun for a little bit, but the water was a little cold.


We changed and then headed over to the Temple. Tanner held Lincoln's hand when we crossed the street and then continued to hold it. It was so cute. 


Tanner's big question to everyone he saw was "where is Moroni?" He was pretty conceded that Moroni was not on this temple. 



The water fountains are always their favorite part of the temple




We stopped at Aunt Violas and Afton's on our way back to Daryl's. It had been along day, but I really wanted to see them. Aunt Viola wasn't sure where Uncle Afton was--although it turned out he was just out back so we didn't get to see him. We had a good visit with her and she enjoyed the company. She has a bunch of wind up toys and magnets that my boys enjoy playing. We visited her last year, and I think her assortment of wind up toys tripled since her kids keep giving them to her. 


This is a picture of my grandparents home that is just around the corner from Aunt Viola. It looks like they are adding onto the home. I have few memories that I can remember here, but I still remember coming as a little girl. 


No comments:

Post a Comment