Sunshine

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Alphabet week Letters V-Z

Monday--Letter V
I was so excited to try to hike the V with it all painted for the 4th of July,  but this was another disappointing letter hike. I followed directions from a blog of someone who did the hike with her little kids, but the road she had used was gated.  The road would have taking you right under the V. Thus, after asked someone who was riding RTV's how to get to the trail, they told us to go on a different road that was VERY bumpy and VERY rocky.  Not just small rocks, huge rocks! I was glad we didn't pop a tire or anything else under the car. I have never been on such a beat up road. 

We never found the trail and even if we did it was waaaay too far and too steep to even attempt. I had planned for a small hike like the B and the U. We finally just pulled over and got out of the car to take some pictures as best we could. 

Tanner making a "V"

Lincoln finding and throwing rocks 



Tanner really wanted to touch the "V" so this is the best we could do. 

Lincoln was having so much fun finding big rocks he took off running down the road. The next day he had some bad bumps on his skin. We think he may have touched some poison oak or ivy. 


Kids loved vacuuming! 


Tuesday--W

I don't think I took any pictures of this day! We had waffles for breakfast and were going to stop by the "W" for Woods Cross High School where Dave went to High School but didn't get there. I will post a pic when we do!

Wednesdsay--Letter X



We explored a new park in Kaysville called Barnes Park. They boys loved it. It was perfect for there ages and Tanner loved discovering the Tic-Tac-Toe board. He changed them all to "x's" for X day. 

The park had some hungry ducks too!



Thursday Letter Y
Playing with some Yarn and Letters. 


Y is for Yuck. Rule number 53 with boys: DOn't leave them alone in the kitchen with a smoothie. :)


Friday--Letter Z


Tanner helped pick our first Zucchini from the garden! We made some yummy muffins.


Tanner has been talking about going to the Zoo for Z day for a few weeks. The first thing he wanted to see was the Zeebras and then off to the splash pad. When I go to the zoo in the summer, the boys just wear their swim suits! We seem to spend a lot of the time at the splash pad and new playground and then we see some animals. It's nice having a pass where we don't have to see everything every time. 



On our way to the splash pad they had the Eagle out so it was fun to get a closer look. 





They both posed for a picture at the same time! 

Lincoln really wanted me to take his picture by the otter

They boys have fun on these new bridges. 

The Zoo is never complete until Tanner has sat on this Elephant Trunk

The boys enjoyed getting close to the Monkeys outside today. 


It's so fun to see Tanner make discoveries and connections. While looking at the giraffes he got all excited and showed me the "Z" on the stroller. We have a Zooper Stroller and I didn't even think about the "Z" in it. He was so excited to spell out each letter. 

Our Alphabet round 1 is complete! It was so fun to have a focus each day and Tanner is already pumped for letter "A" day again. Each day Tanner also does some pages of his summer workbook that correlate with the letter of the day and he LOVES his workbook. It has plenty of pages left and we have plenty more activities we want to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment