Sunshine

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Fawson Family Reunion July 2nd

The Fawson Reunion was on Saturday July 2nd. It was so fun to see family that I haven't seen for awhile and take the boys on a hike. We hiked Ensign peak, and I was a little worried on how the boys (especially Lincoln) would do because I remembered it being a little steep. As it turned out, Lincoln was a trooper and wouldn't let us hold his hand or pick up him the entire way up and down. All he kept saying was "I wanna do it!" And he did it! Tanner was the one that complained. . . 


We told the boys we were going to climb and find "The Mountain King" since that is their favorite song. Tanner wanted me to play the music on my phone on the way up too. I think finding "the mountain king" stressed Tanner out a little. I am not quite sure what he thinks "The Mountain king" is. . . 


Lincoln also found a lot of rocks along the way. . too bad there wasn't a little stream to through them into.


Almost to the peak. It was a beautiful clear morning!


Lincoln sat down at the top and enjoyed a well deserved good drink


"I did it!"


It was a beautiful view of the Salt Lake Valley



Kristen and Kenny Poulsen, Timandra and Stephen Fawson and their daughter Claire and Husband

Laura came with Robert and Grace



Some of the Fawson Family that hiked "Ensign Peak"
I was most impressed that Uncle Glen made it to the top!



After the hike we went over the the church history museum to see the new movie about the Prophet Joseph Smith. We saw it as a family when it first came out but we loved seeing it again and exploring the children's area again. 


Lincoln loved the Shapes


tanner loved the electronic coloring pad



This is a display of liberty jail (how tall the ceiling wan). Joseph Smith was never able to stand up straight while he was there. 


Lincoln loves Aunt Laura!

Looking inside the little house outside the Museum

WE had lunch at a park in South Weber. The water fight reminded me of all the water fights in Oak City. Tanner and the little kids sure had a lot of fun. 


Joshua, Mark and Renea boy, was sure into it. He loved chasing Tanner around and getting him wet with the mini water guns. 



It was such a fun day to be with family. We missed Amy as she was moving that day and my parents who were in Chile. Kathleen's family did such a great job having activities that the children enjoyed. I loved being able to visit with cousins too. Great day with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment