Sunshine

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Fairy Forrest and Fehr Lake--Camping Day 2

In the morning we went to the the "Fairy Forrest." I had heard about it from someone's blog so I thought it would be fun to see since it was really close to where we were camping. We drove about a mile and parked and there was a little trail. 



This is the "Fairy Forrest."  People decorate rocks in all kinds of creative ways and then leave them. It was much much bigger than I ever anticipated. There were little marked trails of rocks everywhere and all kids of creative painted rocks throughout the forrest.  It was fun to have them walk through the forrest and see things they could recognize. 


I loved these little ducks.


This was creative from the movie "Inside Out"


Tanner loved the big Turtle


This was a little zoo


We went a little further past the forrest and found Lincoln's Paradise! It was an amazing shallow water area that was easy to wade across and their were thousands and thousands of rocks! 


The boys loved finding rocks to step on and cross (or just walking through the water). This was one of my favorite parts of our camping trip. 



Sure love these boys and their love of Rocks!


We headed back to camp to pack up and head up to do a little hike a little further up the canyon. 


Lincoln quickly got himself filthy dirty again. . . 


Russell did great this whole trip and loved chilling in a camp chair


It was a miracle to get all three boys looking at the camera at the same time. 



It always takes longer to pack up--especially when I have to keep the boys out of trouble while Dave packed up the tent and sleeping bags. We ate lunch and headed up the canyon for a little hike. I had planned to hike around Mirror Lake--the most popular lake in this area, but they had closed the trail for renovations. Luckily I knew about another trail close by so we decided to do the Fehr Lake Trail. It was only .5 mile each way. The wildflowers were just coming out and it was a beautiful trail. The boys loved crossing all the little bridges. 





This is Fehr Lake. I read that there are about 600 lakes in the Unitas. If we continued to hike further we could have reached two more lakes--but the 1 mile round trip was perfect of the boys. 



Russell did great and loved being in the carrier. 



Our boys were pretty wiped out after the hike and two busy camping days. They both fell asleep soon after we got in the car to drive home. We woke them up so we could get a milkshake in Kamas. I read that they had great shakes at Hi-Mountain Drug. I figured this was like Frosty Freeze-- so hopefully when we come back we can make it a tradition to stop here too!


I was weary of trying to take the boys camping but they did surprisingly well and I am already planning our next camping trip before summer ends!







No comments:

Post a Comment