Sunshine

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Letters Q-U June 20-24

Monday--Letter Q

We played with Q-tips making letters and then Tanner had the idea to make some roads for his cars. 


Tuesday--Letter R

R is for Russell! Lincoln has been asking more often to hold him



We haven't had much rain lately so I gave tanner a squirt bottle to put some "rain" on the raspberries. 
He quickly obeyed. :)

We did some experimental play with dish soap foam. You beat 1/4 cups of water to 2 T. dish soap plus a few drops of liquid watercoloring. You beat it with a mixer for about 2 min and it foams up. I did a variety of colors to make a rainbow.


We saw a robin in the tree so I got my stuffed robin. When you squeeze it it makes an original robin sound that has been recorded. They are called Audabon birds. When I have seen a black capped chipped in the yard and I squeezed my version of that bird it always responded and I would have fun with my stuffed bird "talking" back. This robin didn't make a sound. :( I was hoping for at least one chirp, but nothing. 


Wednesday--Letter S



I went to bring dinner to a friend you recently had a baby in Provo. We also stopped by Papa's house to pick some Strawberries. Even though he is on a mission, his strawberries have been prolific and are so yummy. They are better than my strawberry patch that I have been watering all season! 


Snow cones with Dad!


Spagetti for dinner--and making alphabet letters



Boys  loved feeding the leftover spaghetti to the chickens!


Tanner and Lincoln love playing with and running through the sprinklers. 




Thursday--Letter T


Tanner has been SO excited for "T' day because that is the first letter of his name. For breakfast we had some french toast that they got to eat with toothpicks. He also got to wear his new T-Rex shirt.


Tanner's friend Brooks came over to play and we had fun playing in the water outside and playing a 4 year old version of Twister. 

We combined some activities with Letter U day when dad could come--we went to Temple Square

Friday--Letter U


After attempting the letters B, U and the V. I am PROUD to say that the "Y" is the best hike and most friendly hike to get to so far. It may be steep, but it is a fun hike, it has a parking lot, it has a path, and you can actually hike to it and touch it! The U is just about as uninviting to get to as the B. We had to park in a residential neighborhood (the area closest to the "trail" you couldn't even park at). Then the "trail" to the U is super steep and slick. The boys didn't even get to touch it. It's as if they don't even want people to hike it!

Tanner was not happy about this hike. Dad was loving it. Most little kids would have a hard time getting up and down. 


Lincoln was Ok with the adventure because he found some rocks he wanted to take home


They boys always love visiting Temple Square and toughing the temple



This kid had a slinky he was trying to put down the steps. The steps were a little too wide so it never really worked that well, but it was cute to see sim attempt. The boys liked watching too. 
We love temple square! 








We took a bathroom break in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and the kids enjoyed the toys at the Family History Center. 

This was a fun magnet pen that Tanner enjoyed playing with. 



































No comments:

Post a Comment