This picture is just below the main overlook waterfall. It was fun that there were places that were safe to get close to the water. Lincoln loved getting his feet wet.
We went down a little further and there was this waterfall. Amazing! The kids could have easily have waded throw the water here, but it gets sketchy within just a few years so we kept it safe.
This is at the middle of the NEXT waterfall just a little further down. You could really get close. It was a little more tricky to get to this area for little kids so I just had Dave take Lincoln. Tanner didn't want to go. I am sure in the Spring it wouldn't be as safe, but it was neat how you you could sit right next to it.
After the Waterfall we headed back to camp and while dinner was cooking we played scoop ball. I was excited to find this game at DI--something I always remember playing when I went camping growing up.
The campsite had a lot of space, big trees, and shady trees. Lincoln especially loved just sitting down and playing with the dirt. He was so dirty that I told dave to give him a bath in the river--and he did!
We had tinfoil dinners and smores. The boys loved having their own camp chairs and helping Dad with the fire.
Sleeping was a little rough with Russell, but the boys did great. They loved sleeping in the tent and did great. I loved this area and want to come back again next year.


No comments:
Post a Comment