I have wanted to hike Battlecreek Falls all summer. I did it a few years ago before I was married with Amy and her family and have always wanted to do it again with my family. The hike is a little steep, but it is short and my boys did just fine.
Lincoln wanted a picture by this mini pond on the way up to the waterfall
The first part of the hike the water is all underground. As you get to the middle of the hike the water is running right a long the trail. It was fun to get close tot he water and let the boys throw some rocks and take a little break on the trail.
After doing Ledgemere cave during the summer the boys have been more interested in caves. This was a little one right along the trail that they quickly climbed up inside to explore.
The view from the trail was beautiful!
Battlecreek Falls!
You can easily walk up to the face of the waterfall as well as walk across the rocks at the base of the waterfall. It took tanner some time to get the courage to walk across the rocks, but he finally did and then wanted to do it over and over gain. Lincoln finally wanted to do it too with some help from Dave.
I heard fun things about Discovery Park which wasn't far from the trailhead of Battlecreek Falls. My boys loved playing here and it is a park I would love to come back to when I am in the area again. It was well-planned out and had so many different areas to explore.
Tanner and Lincoln loved this noise/music makers. When you lifted up the flat and let it go it would resonate a pitch. They did it over and over again.
Tanner also like the big Xylophone. When Tanner was done I played "Popcorn Popping" and it was cute to see a lot of kids come running to see who was playing the familiar song. :)






No comments:
Post a Comment