After Dave and I did a little anniversary trip up to Bear Lake I have always wanted to go back. This seemed like a perfect year to go as our boys really enjoy swimming and playing in the sand. I called in March and the only weekend left at the resort I was interested in was in mid-August. We booked at Ideal Beach resort and I was a little worried because of so many mixed reviews online but it turned out to be a great experience for us.
We stayed in the Motel rooms on the resort. The motel rooms were actually much nicer than I was expecting since the reviews of the condos were pretty bad. Apparently they don't upkeep them very well. The rooms had two queen beds a refrigerator, bathroom, and T.V. It worked just fine for our two night stay, although as our family is getting bigger, it is a challenge to having us all sleep in the same room at the same time. :)
The boys were immediately excited to play in the sand.
I loved the location of the motel room. There was a fun playground a few hundred feet from the Motel room and the lake was only a couple hundred yards away too.
The first thing the boys wanted to do was explore the playground. Tanner especially loved the wheel-go-round
Nothing like swinging with a beautiful view!
The first night we were there it was a little cloudy but perfect weather. This was first the time the boys have really played in beach--like water and sand. We did take Tanner to Pineview a couple of years ago. They were enthralled with the water and playing around in the sand for a couple hours.
The resort reminded me a lot of East Canyon. Ideal Beach has a swimming pool, mini-golf, playground, store, and all kinds of outdoor equipment you can rent such as croquet, volleyball, etc.
Lincoln enjoyed going down the slide at the pool
There kiddie pool was a little bigger than East Canyon
The boys drying off after swimming
Russell chilling on the beach
Tanner finally let me cover his legs in the sand. The sand was super soft and fun to play with.
What I loved about Bear Lake was how shallow the water was. The boys were out at least 20 feet and were still able to easily walk around in the water.
The next day Dave helped built a mote with some other kids playing on the beach. It keep them all entertained all afternoon.
We heard that the best raspberry shakes were at the Chevron gas station as you come into Garden City. They use hard ice cream instead of who knows what in the other shakes from the other businesses. Dave and I got a raspberry oreo shake and it was yummy!
The boys enjoyed some blue ice cream as their choice
Lincoln finally got on the merry-go-round and held on tight
The mini golf course was a lot of fun. They had really fun obstacles at the holes and I was impressed with the set up. Tanner loved it and we did mini-golf both days.
Lincolns favorite was the first hole, and he would stay their the entire time. He liked to put the ball in the hole on top because it would go ground down a runner and out on the bottom. He would put the ball down the top hole over and over again.
This was one of my favorite holes of min-golf
I hope we can come back again another year. The boys had so much fun!






No comments:
Post a Comment