The drive up Big Cottonwood Canyon was beautiful. The leaves were just started to change.
I have heard Donut Falls trail can be very busy. But since we went mid-week and during the early afternoon it wasnt busy at all. We were able to get a close parking spot which made the hike shorter and more doable for our kids. It was about 1.5 miles round trip. Lincoln keep stoping about every 10 feet asking for a picture on any big rock he saw.
Dave went back to retrieve Russell's lost sock. Another pretty view of the canyon too!
rocks, rocks, and more rocks. . . .
Although I am not a "U" fan, I did happen to see this cool rock in the trail and since it was Dave's Birthday I let him get a picture by it.
I love this little guy so much. I couldn't help but take every picture he asked me too.
JUMP!
They had fun throwing some rocks at the bridge. We had to hold onto Lincoln for fear he was going to accidentally throw himself in the water with his mighty rock throwing.
They loved this big rock and jumping over and over into Dave's arms
Another pretty picture of what is to come in the next couple weeks. I love FALL!
The boys hiked the entire way and back all by themselves
The "donut" itself is up at the top of the rocky area. It's hard to see the "donut effect" from this point, but it's also a little risky to climb up the rocky area--but a lot of people do anyway. Dave made his way up and got some cool pictures.
After climbing up the rocks there is little drop were you can actually walk inside where the waterfall falls into the "donut."
I am sure it's amazing in the spring with the run off
We had to cross the river to get to the bass of the falls
Loved the variety of colors in one small spot!
Right before we got to the bass of the trailhead we saw some dear
That night was had a "donut" cake for Dave with some peanut butter cup ice cream
Happy Birthday 38 Dave!












No comments:
Post a Comment