Sunshine

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Uncle Dave's Visit and Flag Rock

We were so excited to have uncle Dave stay with us for the night. We picked him up at the airport, played in the backyard, ate a spaghetti dinner, and then he graciously watched our kids so Dave and I could go to the temple. In the morning we had some pancakes before hiking Flag Rock in Farmington. I am sure Dave felt right at home with three little boys!



I thought the hike was going to be a little easier, but it turned out to be quite a step trail. But, it was still fun to get up on the mountain and see the beautiful view. Tanner especially loved seeing Lagoon below. 



Amy's family and Laura's family joined us for the hike. 


We made it to Patsy's mine and then decided to turn around since everyone else was already near the top of Flag Rock. Our kids were pretty much done anyway. I knew it was going to take us time to get down the mountain, and all the other kids ended up beating us to the bottom anyway. Tanner and Lincoln were troopers! We will attempt this hike again in a couple years. . .


If you look closely you can see all the cousins along the path up to Flag Rock



We took a little break to rest on the way down. The BYU/Utah game was that night so we saw a lot of BYU attire form other hikers on the way up. Dave was teaching Tanner how to make a "U" while I was teaching him how to make a "Y." Our poor boys are so confused. . . 




Lincoln was getting pretty tired, but sure had fun playing in the dirt. 





It's a good thing Dad came along to help!



We had a party at Amy's house that night, and BYU lost the game. Miles wasn't too happy about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment